Welcome to Balanced Energy!
I am Vickie LeGare, RN, MS, Usui & Karuna Reiki® Master and owner of Balanced Energy, Reiki Training for Health Care Professionals.
I work with health care professionals from a variety of specialties and healthcare settings who struggle with meeting patient needs in our current health care system. Providing Reiki therapy in hospitals offers compassionate touch, humanizes patient care, and provides a spiritual component of healing that is the missing link in other modalities in our high tech society.
My mission is to facilitate the integration of Reiki into our health care system as an adjunct therapy that addresses all aspects of healing; mind, body, and spirit, to restore health.
I serve in a consultant role to facilities and staff sharing implementation strategies and enjoy a thriving private Reiki practice seeing clients, teaching and mentoring all levels of Reiki.
Trained and experienced in both the traditional allopathic medical model of care and in the holistic realm gives me a unique ability to see how the two can complement each other.
“In 2004, my mother was diagnosed with Stage 4 parotid gland cancer. Her treatment included radical surgery and radiation therapy, five days a week for six weeks. Reiki was not part of the treatment plan her medical team offered, but rather a personal choice I encouraged her to make. She knew nothing of Reiki but trusted my guidance as her daughter, a nurse. Every day her radiation treatment was immediately followed by a Reiki treatment given by Reiki Master nurse friends, and subsequently my mother had none of the usual side effects that radiation causes. We believe Reiki improved her quality of life throughout the course of treatment and possibly extended it. Seeing first-hand the positive outcome of a stage 4 cancer diagnosis when both traditional allopathic and holistic approaches were used convinced me this was a skill set I needed to learn and share with others.”
~Vickie LeGare RN, MS, KRM
Are you a Health care professional with one or more of these issues? Do you have patients seeking holistic options for them?
- Feels stressed, anxious, overwhelmed or lacks mental clarity?
- Suffers from chronic or recurrent pain?
- Experiences major health challenges or side effects from treatments?
- Is dealing with a major life change issue such as a death, divorce, or job loss?
- Is experiencing major imbalances in your personal or professional life?
- Lacks feelings of love, peace, joy and harmony
- Preference to take a proactive and preventative approach to health care by seeking a wellness approach.
From my own nursing experience I know the frustration and helplessness of feeling like you wish you could do more to help patients. Well you can! Learning the practice of Reiki will make your life easier and more rewarding and at the same time improve patient clinical outcomes and satisfaction. You will be amazed at with how simple Reiki is to learn and use in your daily routine and the positive effects it can have for both you and your patients.
Practitioners and clients seek my services for a variety of health and social challenges including;
- They suffer from an acute or chronic health challenges.
- The desire to work with someone who is focused on their well-being not their disease process.
- They understand the need to treat more than just the body to find peace, health and wellness.
- Preference to integrate a complementary/alternative modality (CAM) within an evidence-based practice model to enhance patient healing and well-being, and promote professional excellence.
- Desire for holistic ways to manage stress, anxiety, control pain, strengthen immune system and facilitate deep relaxation.
- Desire to support patients who seek holistic options to minimize the side effects of chemotherapy, radiation therapy and surgery.
- Preference for proactive preventative and wellness treatment option.
- They seek guidance and implementation strategies on how to implement a hospital Reiki program.
As an added bonus, in working with me you will learn techniques to foster self-care, which is vital to maintenance of personal health and to prevent professional burnout. The best part is Reiki is easy to learn, it can be discreetly administered anywhere, anytime and is gaining acceptance in the medical community as evidenced by over 800 hospitals, medical clinics and hospice programs where Reiki is offered as a standard part of care to patients, staff and family members.
If you are ready to learn more about adding Reiki to your current practice Click on this link to download my free offering: Reiki 101 for Progressive Health Care Professionals. (name and email address required)
“Vickie is a skilled, compassionate and intuitive energy worker. She is very knowledgeable about energy systems and how they affect health, and is very astute in balancing individual energy systems. Vickie is very aware of the different ways in which information can be given and used to restore health. She is an excellent teacher, is very organized and tuned to her students. I have had energy work done by a variety of practitioners over the years, and due to her effectiveness, Vickie is my Reiki practitioner of choice. I recommend Vickie without hesitation.”
~Cynthia Reed RN, PhD, Iowa City, IA